Start Learning Swedish in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Pronunciation help for hard to remember words or phrases, and for the slow to exactly match the fast.

anderuxier_8536
New in Town

Pronunciation help for hard to remember words or phrases, and for the slow to exactly match the fast.

Postby anderuxier_8536 » July 14th, 2016 11:39 am

I love the site and am trying my best to improve min svenska, but it is hard. What I have found is that many things are pronounced not as they are written.

I think it would be great to have a "dictionary" of these types of words and phrases in one location.

For Example, Med, dig, dag, etc.

There are also so many phrases where the end of the words are cut off. It would be great to know how to say them correctly.

One thing I find strange. When the audio is on the regular speed, there is all the mixing and crunching together of words and phrases, but when it is slowed down, the changes and omissions of parts of words are gone, and the slow is just like the word would be from the dictionary and not in real speech. When I try to get my ear on the fast condensed language, I have such a hard time getting it figured out.

I hope this can be a discussion on how to have the slow version also compact and change the words, and also to build a dictionary like tool for all of these standard cases.
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Learn Swedish Feature Requests”